It is important to have a Will, regardless of how much money you have or how large your “estate” is when you die. Your Will designates someone to be your “Executor”, who has the authority to deal with your affairs upon your death including, but not limited to:
- Applying for your death benefit;
- Dealing with government agencies;
- Closing your bank accounts;
- Paying any outstanding bills;
- Organize your funeral and service;
- Cancelling your cell phone contract;
- Disconnecting your utilities;
- Preparing your income tax return in the year of your death
Everyone needs a Will to ensure that their affairs are in order and that any of their assets, no matter how big or small, are dealt with upon their death.
If you or your loved ones need a Will or would like your old Will to be rewritten, contact Michelle Broughton, Notary Public Inc., today.