Selling a home
We will ensure all necessary tasks are completed in order to finalize the sale of your home.
This will include:
- Search title;
- Identify and confirm with you the financial charges (ie. mortgage) you are responsible to discharge;
- Request payout statements from the identified Lenders;
- Review payout statements upon receipt from the Lenders;
- Receive, review, and revise the sale documents from the Buyer’s legal representative;
- Prepare supporting documents;
- Attend to or arrange for execution of sale and supporting documents;
- Negotiate appropriate closing undertakings with Buyer’s legal representative;
- Receive and account for trust funds;
- Provide your Lenders with payout proceeds and discharge forms;
- Disburse trust funds;
- Register discharges received from the Lenders;
- Prepare a final report
What are the costs involved in selling a home?
- Real estate commission – payable by the seller of the property for the listing and selling commission. Contact your realtor for information on commission fees.
- Goods and Services Tax: This tax may be applicable if the home is a single-family lot, newly constructed home, substantially renovated home or used in a commercial activity. The purchaser may be able to qualify for a GST rebate.
- Land Title and Registration Fees: These are fees charged through the Land Title Registry to discharge any existing mortgages and other encumbrances that need to be cleared from title.